ATR #154 – 2019 Vancouver Badass Film Festival, Pet Sematary
I was fortunate to cover the Vancouver Badass Film Festival this past weekend which was a jam packed weekend of 7 feature films and over 40 short films! For more information about the festival and entry costs and deadlines, head on over to VBAFF.com for the most up to date information.
My coverage of the 2019 Vancouver Badass Film Festival was sponsored by
- David Aboussafy co-creator of the VBAFF.
- Generativity Productions is a Vancouver based financing and production company that makes it happen for budget genre film.
Generativity Productions – Make It Happen
- Darkside Releasing is a Vancouver BC based international distribution company specializing in wild genre films.
- Darkside Releasing. Wild. Genre. Films.
Podcast support info: It is my podcast birthday coming up next week and I would love your support!
- Click here for the – Amazon Wishlist. This list has a few items that would help out the studio.
- Click here for the – Threadless Store. Pick up a T-Shirt or coffee mug to show your support!
- Click here for the – PayPal Link. If you are feeling super generous and want to pitch in a dollar, great!
- 0m:00s – 3m:00s: Intro and sponsor shout out!
- 3m:00s – 18m:30s: Geek news:
- 18m:30s – 29m:30s: Discussion, review, and rating of “Pet Sematary” (IMDB.com/PetSematary)
- 29m:30s – 32m:15s: Discussion of the VBAFF as a whole
- 32m:15s – 45m:00s: Day #1 breakdown
- 45m:00s – 59m:30s: Day #2 break down
- World shorts honorable mention: Freak Dream – “Don’t Wanna Be That”
- World shorts favorite: “Luchador”
- North American honorable mention: “The Most Interesting Man in Show Business”
- North American shorts favorite: “Five Minute Rush”
- 53m:00s – 56m:20s: “A Mata Negra” review
- 56m:20s – 59m:30s: “Amazon Hot Box” review
- 59m:30s – : Day #3 break down:
- 1h:07m – 1h:20m: Best of festival:
- 1h:20m – 1h:24m: Wrap up
Thank you so much to everyone that made time to speak with me at the event, and thank you to David Aboussafy and his two companies for sponsoring my coverage of the festival.
- Original theme song created by Damien Randle (Twitter: @DamienRandle) of Ill Mannered Media (Twitter: @IllManMedia)
Make sure to follow this podcast social media!
Click on the links to subscribe:
- iTunes/ Apple Podcasts
- Google Play
- Youtube.com/Abouttoreview has exclusive interviews with actors, directors, and creators
If you have any questions, comments, or ideas for future episodes, you can email those to the show at: firstname.lastname@example.org